Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jaipur

Adding a few pics from Jaipur. Feeling very sick though. India for me has been the land of indigestion and stomach ache. I'll share a bit with you guys then go to bed. I'm going to try and sleep this off.








This is me and Trish at umm...I never actually got the name of the place. Deepak just called it 'the water storage plant'. So when we got there and saw these gorgeous ruins we were blown away. This was our first stop in Jaipur and it didn't disappoint. The ruins were indeed the remains of an ancient water storage system started by emperor...I think it was Akbar. I'm not sure though. At the very bottom is a lake that is still accessible. It collects rainwater and is also an access to a spring. What you can't see in the pics is all the wild parrots that live there. The whole area echoes with bird calls. The only downside is the smell. As you get closer to the water you smell it. Sadly it hasn't been maintained very well and the water at the bottom has gone fetid. It reeks of bird feces. Dad didn't make it all the way to the bottom. He just gave up. We made it pretty close but nobody wanted to get close enough to touch the water. If you could smell it, you'd understand why. There must be three hundred years of bird-poop floating in there. Anyway, enjoy these shots. Compliments of me. All the beauty without the smell.






2 comments:

  1. these are some sick photos, Fraeya. Hope you're having fun, aside from the stomach aches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leisha. It's pretty hard not to get an awesome picture of this place.
    It's actually progressed to full-blown food poisoning. I think I'm just going to live on yoghurt for the rest of my trip. New rule; no food unless it's packaged.

    ReplyDelete